Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Why have I got a soddin’ headache?

There must be some conspiracy to drive me out of my braincell today. That and the fact that someone keeps trying to call my mobile – with a withheld telephone number, and as soon as my answering back service (sorry – voicemail!) cuts in, they hang up.

If it was so important that he / she / it contacted me, then they would surely leave me a voicemail to get me to call them back. But I get the impression that I know who it is, and at the moment, all they are managing to do, is leave a list of missed calls on my mobile.

By the same token that’s the reason why they won’t send me a text message, as the mobile number is listed, and I could identify the caller / sender from that.

So, as far as I’m concerned, no voicemail or text message, then you won’t get a response from me – as I now refuse to answer unlisted numbers on my ‘phone, as the last time I did, I got more hassle than answering the call was really worth.

The other thing that’s trying to drive me out of my braincell, is this headache. It feels like eyestrain, but I know that it can’t be due to my contact lenses, as I’ve got the new ones in. So, I get the feeling that it may be due to my screen settings being wrong, as well as the theme colours finally driving me spare.

So, me being me, I’ve altered the theme to something a little more relaxing… The cursors are quite good – little starfish, and things like that, and the icons are good as well. The best bit though, is the fact that the colours are restful to the eyes – fairly close to the Windows system standard colours – which I will admit are fairly innocuous.

But, there is one other thing that drives me out of my braincell – is the speed (or lack of) my computer! I ask it to do something, and it just sits there giggling – almost as if to say ‘You expect me to do this fast? Forget it!’ Needless to say, this infuriates me, and causes me all kinds of problems with my work, as it delays me completing an order, and also can result in me doing a manual order.

That’s when I abandon the computer, and grab the old fashioned pen & paper, and then check the computer for the stock when its decided to do some work for me! The trouble is, it then results in a phone call to the customer, and telling them that the tyres are in stock or on a back order (i.e. we’ve got no stock, and are waiting on more coming into our warehouse).

Time to call it quits – got a meeting to attend (and fall asleep in!)

Karen.

Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: