Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

T'was the night before Christmas....

Well, it's nearly the big day, and I've finally got everything sorted out, and wrapped up... Mum was at work, so it meant that I was able to get her presents wrapped up, and hidden without her knowing what I've bought her.. No doubt I'll get skinned for the perfume bottle, but that's something that I can live with...

I went into Leamington this morning, expecting to be fighting the hoards, only to find that the centre was practically deserted! I got parked without a problem, and headed to my first destination - the bank - I wanted to get some cash out of the ATM, before the hoards took it all!

I then walked across Warwick Street to Boots, as I had an opticians appointment (the only reason I was dumb enough to go out today!) It turns out that I do need to change my glasses, as my sight in the left eye has deteriorated - to the extent that I'm going to be more comfortable with a change of prescription...

But it's nothing that I can't live with at the moment, so I've made the decision to hold off getting a new pair of glasses until the New Year, as Boots have got their sale on, and I really can't be bothered messing around waiting for them to get my glasses sorted out.

I also had a quiet wander around, looking for the last minute bits and pieces, and seeing if there were any good deals going on my favorite perfumes... Unfortunately there weren't, but I can always look after Christmas, when the stores will hopefully be reducing the gift sets, and I can take my pick!

I also spoke to my daft friend, and he was doing his best to make me laugh.. He said that he was going to see if he could get into the kitchen to do some cooking (blimey - wonder if he gives lessons? I can't cook to save my life!), and has said that he's going to put Ainsley Harriot to shame.... He's promised to send the piccys to me, so as soon as I get them, then they'll be aired on my blog...

Suppose I should call this entry quits - I want to get the furry fiends settled early tonight, as there are a couple of good films that I want to watch in peace!

Back when I get the chance.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

P
S - Merry Christmas to one and all!!

K.

0 comments: