Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

A Quiet time...

Well, Christmas is over and done with for another year. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to spend time with my friends and family, but there are certain things that have really annoyed me this year - one of them being the pettiness associated with a so-called friend of my family... And I use the term friend in the loosest sense I possibly can!

This so-called friend wrote in the Christmas card that was sent to Mum and myself "warm memories of David" - almost as if she was trying to rebuke Mum for having the nerve to stay friends with the widower of her best friend - Frances. As Mum said - "doesn't she think that I don't think about Dave?"

When I read the card, I was livid, and said that Mum could send a card back to her, but she wasn't to put my name on it, as I wanted nothing to do with the cow. Mum just smiled, and said that she wasn't going to send a card to her, as she had really scraped the bottom of the barrel with that comment.

Aside from that, my daft hog riding friend has been true to his word, and sent me the photographs of his cooking:

Ok - I admit that I agreed with the comment that the snowmen looked like Daleks in the snow, but I'm sure that they tasted ok...


The reindeer cakes... Well, I'll let people make their own judgment on them - I'm not going to drop myself in it for anyone!

I've also had quite a good joke sent in to me, from one of my late father's America colleagues...

A city cop was on his horse waiting to cross the street when a little girl on her new shiny bike stopped beside him.
"Nice bike," the cop said "did Santa bring it to you?"
"Yep," the little girl said, "he sure did!"
The cop looked the bike over and handed the girl a $5 ticket for a safety violation. The cop said, "Next year tell Santa to put a reflector light on the back of it."
The young girl looked up at the cop and said, "Nice horse you got there sir, did Santa bring it to you?"
"Yes, he sure did," chuckled the cop.
The little girl looked up at the cop and said, "Next year tell Santa the dick goes underneath the horse, not on top."

Guess I should call this entry quits for the time being, as I want to get an update for my MP3 player - which has decided to refuse to play most of my *legally* downloaded music...

Back tomorrow - provided I'm not too badly battered from my shopping trip to Milton Keynes with Mum...

Karen.
I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: