Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

After the fury of past days....

Well, today has been the total opposite of yesterday. I was really uptight,and came very close to telling my line manager that he could find another mug to look after this one account, as I was so fed up with them moving the goalposts all the time.

Thankfully, the fella that I met up with on Sunday was a real angel of mercy, and kept me laughing with silly jokes via e-mail, and talking to me during my lunch break. Without his help, I don't think I would have coped, as I was close to rock bottom - something that I haven't been since Dad died last year.

But one of the things that my friend said via e-mail really touched me:

Hope you are ok but I'm glad to have made you laugh if only a little bit, people don't understand how feelings are and its just a few words at the end of the day, I know that they are showing concern, but don't you just wish they would go away and leave it alone.

You see all those people see, is the mask that you wear you know the front you put on, the brave face so to speak but it's when you're on your own and you feel you can lose it that that's what you want people to see 'coz then they would understand your grief then maybe understand...


To be honest, I think he managed to sum up exactly how I felt, and that made me feel that much better - knowing that there was someone who understood what I was feeling, and knew that I was getting fed up with people niggling at me, and expecting me to bounce back to my normal disposition.

Suppose I'd better think about calling this entry quits - I'm supposed to be working up until 17:00, not blogging!

Back later, if I get the chance.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: