Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Talk about shooting youself in the foot...

And that's just what the F1 circus has managed to do to itself, by running the farce that is the USA Grand Prix. Ok - I agree with the principal that the drivers shouldn't race if there are safety concerns, but surely there could have been some kind of agreement reached that meant the entire field started the race - and not just the Bridgestone runners.

But, all this has done is kill off Formula 1 in America - as no-one is going to risk going to the race next year (if they even hold a race at Indianapolis), thus leaving the American public with CART and Indy-racing.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy both types of racing, but if it came to a choice of going to watch a CART, Indy or F1 race, I'd choose the F1 race, simply because that's one of my real passions.

Speaking (or rather typing) of which, I've been able to get another ticket for the British GP at Silverstone for my other half, as he said that he'd be interested in going, and had been pestering me to get him a ticket.

It's actually worked out rather well, as the race is the weekend that we come back from our break in the West country, so it means that neither of us will have to go belting out of work on the Friday night, in order to get down to Silverstone with the rest of the gang that I go to the race with...

On a different note, this will be the last blog entry for a few days or so, as I'm going on a training course tomorrow, and won't be back near a computer with an internet connection until Friday night.

Time to call this entry quits - I've got to get the rest of my stuff sorted out for the trip tomorrow.

Back on Friday...

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: