Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

If I could turn back time...

I'd take back those words that've hurt you...


Or more to the point, I'd have never sent that damned e-mail, or been dumb enough to call a friend when I was so wound up!


It started out with my friend sending me an e-mail, in which he tried to explain his feelings about this lass that he's been seeing, and made the mistake (as far as I was concerned!) of saying...

This really is a very complex thing and she is too... It's a long story and one I would explain to you but I don't think you would understand where I'm coming from...


To be honest, that was the worst thing that could have been said, as the rest of the e-mail made me feel like I was supposed to be standing in judgement on him - something that I've never done with a friend.

Ok - I admit that I've called my best mate a few names in the past, but given the circumstances, he understood why I was so uptight. So, needless to say, my reply was not exactly the friendly variety...

Let's get one thing straight right now. I'm not standing in judgement on you - and you obviously think I am. That's the last thing that I would ever do with a friend, and I'm surprised and more than a little hurt that you think I would react like that.


At the end of the day, it's your decision - all people like me can do is give you a shoulder to cry on, and a friendly (or not so friendly) ear to bend.


And contrary to what you believe about me - yes I do have an idea about what you're going through. I've been there, and done that and got the emotional scars to prove it...


Just to add to the mix, I was too stubborn / upset to await the reply, and then called my friend, and gave vent to my fustrations - which in hindsight, was probably not the smartest thing that I could have done.

If I could turn back time
If I could find a way
I'd take back those words that've hurt you...

I don't know why I did the things I did
I don't know why I said the things I said
Pride's like a knife it can cut deep inside
Words are like weapons, they wound sometimes
I didn't really mean to hurt you


Ah well. If you're reading this blog, sweetie - I'm sorry, and I know now that I shouldn't haven't jumped to the wrong conclusion. All I can do is hope that this hasn't spoilt or ended our friendship.

Time to call this entry quits - I want to see if I can think of an appropriate way to repair the damage that I've done, by blowing a fuse.

Back when I can get my shattered emotions together.

Karen.


I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: