Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Preparing for the journey...

A strange title for a blog entry, I grant you... But it will become clearer as you read on, I promise!

As part of my job requirements, I've got to travel to complete some training, and I will admit to being somewhat apprehensive about it, especially as I'm going to be the only female on the course.

Thankfully, there will be people I know going, so it shouldn't be that strange for me, even though I'm beginning to wonder if I've bitten off more than I can chew...

Having said that though, I thought the same thing when I was going to do the presentation at the company conference, and I survived that ok - even if my line manger was worried that I'd chicken out!

I've also managed to sort out the problems with my other half. I've agreed to meet his parents when we get back from our break in the West Country.

He wanted me to meet them this weekend - no chance of that, as I've got to get myself ready (i.e. packed) for this training course that I'm going on next week... He's also given up on the idea of me moving in with him. For the time being, anyway!

As well as that, my daft friend has been in contact with me... I left my 'phone at home this morning, and when it's not turned on, any calls I get go to my voicemail. I checked my 'phone this afternoon, only to be greeted with this...

Short stuff! Hello darling, it's only me. What do you mean you can't get to your phone at the moment? You mean you've left it on a high shelf and can't reach it?......


Needless to say, I was somewhat indignant at being called short stuff... Ok - I admit I'm not tall, but I don't need reminding of it every time I speak to this fella!

Mind you, I know it's not meant maliciously, so I get my own back my calling him ratbag... Despite that, he made me laugh, as he was bemoaning the fact that he was at work, and I was able to escape into the sunshine.

He also sent me a text message, telling me to take care out in the sun... I get the impression that he's scared that I'll do something daft, like get burnt to a crisp whilst I'm riding Flame.

Speaking (ok - typing) about Flame, Rachel has very kindly agreed to look after her for the four days that I'm away - I get the impression that she's going to be using the time to re-build her confidence in horses.

By her own admission, she's ok when she's with either myself or her sister, but on her own, she's still scared that something will go wrong. So, as Flame is placid-natured (that's the only reason I let Amber get on her!), it's the best thing that she can do.

Time to call this blog entry quits - I've got to get ready to go and see my other half, as he seems to be determined to spend as much time as he can with me, before I go on my training course.

Back tomorrow, if I've finished the packing!

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: