Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

The finger of blame has turned upon itself...

And for once, I'm not getting kicked. I know this sounds nasty, but it's someone else who's copping it - someone who really doesn't deserve to get the hassle and crap that he's getting at the moment.

What makes me say this? Simple. The poor guy was on the ‘phone to me last night, and could just about stop himself from bursting into tears on the ‘phone.

He’s really torn up over a relationship (I know that feeling all too well!), and isn’t sure what he wants to do. He said that sometimes he feels like walking away, as he doesn’t want the pain and heartache anymore, but then seems to flip to the other extreme, and is determined to stay and fight for the relationship.

At the end of the day, the only person who can make the decision to stay or leave is him. All I can do is offer a friendly (or not so friendly) ear to bend, and a shoulder that he can cry on, when things get too rough, as well as re-assuring him that he's not losing his mind...

The finger of blame has turned upon itself
And I'm more than willing to offer myself
Do you want my presence or need my help
Who knows where that might lead


Ah well, suppose I’d better think about doing some w*rk…

Back later, if I get the chance.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: