Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Back from the hills…

And the trouble is, I’m almost sure of what my decision will be. I want to call it quits with my partner.

I know this sounds horrible, and that I’ll be judged on the fact that this has come about since I met someone last week, but if the truth be known, I’ve been thinking about calling it quits for a while, but never had the guts to do so.

I know that he’s going to be hurt, and will want answers, but the trouble is, the root cause of our trouble lies with the fact that we’re really too different for things to work.

He wants someone who’s the “stay at home and only go out with him” whereas I’m the one who enjoys spending time with friends, and spending a weekend with Flame and my friends in the Peak District, or the Cotswolds – depending on the mood that takes us all.

But how the hell do you put that into words? There are few occasions that I’m lost for words, as those people who know me can vouch for, but this is one of them.

Now all I’ve got to do is pick the time to tell him that I want out. I know there’s no such thing as a good time to tell someone that a relationship is over, but the longer I leave it, the more he’s likely to harbour hopes of us getting back together.

Damn. My ‘phone’s ringing.

Back later.

Karen.
I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: