Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Back to base…

Well, I’m back in the office after being away for four days on the training course…

Ok – I’ve learnt a hell of a lot, and hopefully will be able to give the guys in the field the back-up they deserve. But, being away has really caused me problems with my personal life…

It boils down to the fact that I became close to someone whilst I was away, and this person has been making me laugh, and treating me like I was a real princess.

I know that being away from my normal environment may well have slapped the rose-tinted glasses on, but all it has done is make me wonder if I’m doing the right thing.

Simply because after I posted the last entry before I went away, my partner and I had a real hum-dinger of a row. It boiled down to the fact that he didn’t want me going, and said that he felt I was putting my job before our relationship, and that I’d been using a variety of excuses to avoid spending any time with him.

I will admit, that was like waving a red-rag to a bull, and I told him exactly what I thought of him. Ok – probably not the best thing I could have done, but it cleared the air between us – even if things are still on the frosty side between us…

Hmm. Not quite the right expression. Frosty is an understatement. Our relationship would make the Antarctic look like the Bahamas at the moment!

The worst part is, since I’ve been back we’ve not spoken. As far as I know, we’re still going to the Grand Prix together, but I will admit to being somewhat apprehensive about going to the West Country with him…

With regards to this other person, until I know what the hell I want to do, we’ve agreed to stay friends, and I’ll avoid rubbing my partner’s nose in the fact that I’m really happy when I’m with this fella.

I mean, we sat chatting on Wednesday night, like we’d known each other all of our lives, and it turned out that we share a similar sense of humour, and a similar outlook on life.

I’ve agreed to meet him on Tuesday night, to go and see a film, and then have dinner with him – as friends. I know that most people reading this will be thinking – yeah right. As if it’ll stop there.

Ok – I admit it is a somewhat underhanded way of dealing with my partner, but if I can get my head in some semblance of order this weekend, I’ll be able to sort things out – I hope.

And what’s the best way for me to do that? Simple. Leave my damned ‘phone at home, and buzz off to the Peak District for a riding weekend with Rachel and the two horses…

Just me, my friend and the horses – I don’t know of a better way to clear my head of an emotional fog – and hopefully have a better idea of what I want to do about this situation…

Suppose I’d better get on with some w*rk, instead of blogging…

Back later if I get chance, otherwise it will be Sunday night before I put the next update on my blog…

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: