Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug

And today was my day to be the bug. I seemed to get splattered on practically every windshield that I encountered, and all it did was spread my confidence like a bug's innards.

Sometimes you're the windshield
Sometimes you're the bug
Sometimes it all comes together baby
Sometimes you're a fool in love
Sometimes you're the Louisville slugger
Sometimes you're the ball
Sometimes it all comes together baby
Sometimes you're going to lose it all


But, I'm lucky enough to have friends who do their damnedest to scrape my confidence up off the windshield of life, and send me e-mails like this:

What can I say 'bout my friend Karen?
She is kind, warm hearted, with a devilish sense of humour
She is small but all the best things come in small packages
She is fiery yet gentle she is lovely and caring yet doesn't show everyone
She is private yet outgoing she shows love and affection
She loves cuddles and will get some and kisses as well
I love her company she is great fun I know the real Karen and there is only one
I wouldn't want her any other way so don't you change not for anyone
Don't you cry there is no need for you are not alone
You are strong and you are the best never let them tell you that you are not
You're a winner and that's what sets you apart from the rest
Winners make it happen losers let it happen and you ain't a loser and you know it
Take your strength from those who really know you not those who think they know you
Lean on those that you can count on not those who count on you
Use the shoulders given to you, they may be uncomfortable but use them to rest your head or cry on
Use the cuddles you receive as they are silent but mean so much
Thank you for being my friend your friendship means so much to me and I cherish it always as I cherish you


When I read that, it was all I could do to say at my desk, and not run outside and find somewhere I could cry my eyes out.

Time to call this quits - I'm about to get savaged by the cats - they're hungry and I've not fed them yet!

Back later - if I'm in one piece!

Karen
Learning to fly but I don't have wings

0 comments: