Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Playing the fragile female...

And I can do it so well when I need to! Needless to day, I have managed to make the two people who made me so angry / upset yesterday feel really guilty, as I went into work with a migraine.

The OTR manager called me first thing this morning, all sweetness and light, almost as if he'd forgotten that he'd had a real blast at me yesterday afternoon...

I, however, decided that it was time to start playing nasty, and when he asked how I was, as I sounded subdued, compared with my normal self, dropped the first of the bombs...

"That's because I'm waiting for the migraleve to kick in, and try and ease my migraine."

"Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't realise that you weren't feeling too well."

The sucker punch came when I told him that I'd woken up with it. Which wasn't a lie - I had, and I was feeling bloody awful.

Needless to say, that sucked the wind right out of his sails, and he said that he would keep the calls to a minimum for me, as he wanted me to get better quickly. I got the feeling that he was worried I would go home sick - something that I have to admit, I was awful tempted to do!

But, there were a couple of bright spots for me - one was the fact that my daft bunny kept e-mailing me, and making me smile (not something that I'm supposed to do when I'm supposedly suffering from a migraine!)

The other was finding out that I had unexpected allies in the OTR department - all of whom had ganged up on the two people who'd put me in such an evil mood yesterday, and one even went to the trouble of pointing out that I was doing a job that none of them wanted to do!

Guess I should call this entry quits - I'm going to Ashwood nurseries tomorrow with Mum, and I have to be up early to go and make a fuss of Flame as well... Bang goes my weekend lie in!

Back tomorrow, if I can face sitting at a computer!

Karen
Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: