Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

It's been a long time, but my time is finally near.

It's so close to me going away for the weekend that I can scarcely believe it. Simply because the time seems to have been dragging, and I know tonight that I am going to have an awful job getting some sleep.Ok, I'm an insomniac anyway, but I get the feeling that tonight will be worse that normal...

It's been a long road, getting from there to here.
It's been a long time, but my time is finally near.
And I can feel the change in the wind right now, nothing's in my way.
And they're not gonna hold me down no more,
No they're not gonna hold me down
.


But, the best bit is knowing that I'm going to be spending a weekend with a really good friend, and know that I can let the barriers down,and be myself without having to put on the usual front that I have when I'm in the office....

I've known the wind so cold, I've seen the darkest days.
But now the winds I feel, are only winds of change.
I've been through the fire and I've been through the rain.
But I'll be fine ...

Cause I've got faith of the heart.
I'm going where my heart will take me.
I've got faith to believe, I can do anything.
I've got strength of the soul, and no one's gonna bend or break me.
I can reach any star; I've got faith, faith of the heart.


Guess I should call this entry quits - I'm supposed to be working, not blogging!

Back later if I get chance...

Karen

Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: