Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Starting the weekend...

Well, the plan to go to Ashwood nurseries went to the wall, simply because they were holding one of their "behind the scenes" weekends, and it had featured on Midlands Today - one of the local news programs.

Mum didn't feel too good, and was worried that my ribs and shoulder would get bumped and bashed, thus putting me in an evil mood, and that was something that she had no intention of doing.. Why, I have no idea, as I'm such a little sweetheart when I've been bumped and barged. Believe that, and you'll believe in the Tooth Fairy as well!

So, Mum and I headed to Merry Hill. Which should be re-named Merry Hell, as that was what Mum was playing about the parking. Because she's not too good when it comes to walking long distances,has what Dad used to refer to as a "park anywhere ticket" - i.e. a blue disabled person's badge, that allows her (in theory) to get parked in larger spaces, closer to the entrance of the shops.

Fine in theory, but Merry Hill doesn't seem to have enough parking spaces full stop, let alone enough disabled slots, thus meaning that we had to park at the bottom end of the car park, and take a very slow walk to the entrance of the shopping centre.

Once we'd gotten over that hurdle, it was a case of seeing if either of us could find anything for my cousin's October wedding. I was tempted by this beautiful ice blue dress, but even in the petite (ok - short) section, this damned dress was nearly floor length - which went down like a lead balloon with me.

My mood wasn't helped when the smarmy sales assistant said that it would "look better with high heels." That was not the best thing to say to me, as I loathe heels, and Mum was sniggering at the thought of me wearing a dress. So, I've decided that I'm going to look for a dark coloured trouser suit, and have a brightly coloured top underneath the jacket.

We got several bits and pieces - but nothing for the wedding apart from a few ideas, and headed for home, where I was able to check my 'phone. I'd got a couple of missed calls from my friend (who was working - I gave that up as a bad job when I joined my present company!) He was his normal mickey taking self, asking me if I'd left my 'phone on a high shelf again, and would I call him when I got chance.

Not a problem - I just made myself scarce (the excuse being that I was going to watch the rugby on BBC1)... I called him and he asked if I was ok, and I could tell that he was worried I'd been horse riding - without my body armour.

Ok - I'm dumb, but I'm not that dumb, and I told him that I'd been shopping with Mum at Merry Hill, and that I was going to go back to the saddler's next weekend to see if the body armour fitted, and if it did, I could contemplate starting riding again.

He didn't sound too keen on that idea, but I think he's realised that there's not a lot that he can do if I do decide to go riding - apart from lecture me, which I'll just ignore as per my usual trick!

Time to call this quits - my damned mobile's ringing...

Back when I get chance.

Karen
Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: