Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Knackered, but happy....

I'm making an escape this month with my daft hog riding friend. We're going up to RAF Cosford, and as it's a fair distance for the pair of us to travel, plus wandering around the museum, we've decided to make a weekend of it.

Ok - not a problem there. The problem arose when I was dumb enough to mention this trip to Julian, who immediately decided that there was "no way you're going to wear a scruffy polo neck and jeans - you're going to look like a lady for once."

Thanks a bunch. The "scruffy polo neck" happens to be an old favorite of mine. Ok - I admit that it has seen better days, but it's one of those things that you tend to be loathe to throw away, as it's so comfortable. But, once Julian gets into that frame of mind, it takes a braver person than me to challenge him - especially with sore ribs!

So, the scene was set for the pair of us to go to Milton Keyens, and as we were leaving early morning (ok - 08:00) he stayed over at my home.

There were moments when I could have cheerfully strangled him, as he kept dodging from shop to shop, picking out things that were either frilly, or pastel coloured, or if I was seriously unlucky - both! But, I soon realised that he was only doing that to wind me, up, and he did quite a good job of it!

He was a real angel, advising me on colours and fit of things that he and I picked out, and on more than one occasion, I heard other shoppers say to their partners "why can't you take more of an interest like he does?" That made Julian and I both laugh, and yes, it did hurt, I will admit!

The end result was well worth the sort feet that I ended up with, and as my friend reads this blog, I'll say no more about what I got - aside from the fact that it's a little bit different to my normal attire!

Time to call this quits - Julian's cooked dinner for Mum and myself - and it smells divine!

Back when I get chance.

Karen

Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: