Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Something smells fishy. Very fishy indeed. Positively tuna casserole.

And I think I know where the smell is coming from. I'm getting landed with dealing with the account that I have to run weekly reports for. Ok - not normally a problem, but I get the impression that it could be another poison chalice for me, and I have enough on my plate dealing with the OTR stuff.

But, at least I've been asked if I want to have more to do with this account... I suppose I could have refused, but the way things are looking at the moment, refusal would not have been very healthy for my career. Don't get me wrong, I'm not worried about my job - it's just that recently, I've had a few wobbles, and I don't really want to blot my copy book any further.

To add insult to injury, I've also got to speak to my line manager tomorrow about one report for this damned account, as they want to know what stock will be available for them every week.

Err, excuse me, I'll just use my crystal ball to see what all the other customers are going to order. There is no way that it can be done with the present system, as I know damned well that the data will be obsolete even before it's left my in-box.

Guess I should call this entry quits - it's nearly time for me to escape on my lunch.

Back later if I get the chance.

Karen

Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: