Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Breaking News

I've just recieved a breaking news text from the BBC (good service - means I get kept up to date with major news sories whilst I'm away from my PC or TV)

American President Barak Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize.

Err - forgive me for being dumb - but what for?  The offical blurb states that it's for (and I quote)

"His extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples"

Ok - I can agee with that seniment, but surely, it would have made more sense to wait and see how things pan out, and then give him the award.  But, maybe that's just me being cynical - I've seen the hype that a new politican can create (just look back at 1997 when a certain T. Blair took office here in the UK) and the resulting aftermath when the population realised that they may well have made a bad mistake...  Only we've taken 12 years to realise ours!  At least the Americans get a chance every 4 years to correct their mistakes...

Ah well, guess  I should call this quits - I'm supposed to be working, not blogging.

Back later...

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: