Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Shell Shock....

Not the news I wanted to hear.  A good friend of mine has been told that she is now partially deaf in the left ear,with no obvious cause, but a benign tumor is suspected (if a tumour can be classified as begnign!)  Because of this, she now has to go for x-rays, and if they doesn't show anything, a scan. 

Talk about having a bombshell dropped.  I was told that the reason this had been held back, was because I've had a visit to the cardiologist today (I've got a leaking heart valve) and I will admit to having been somewhat preoccupied.  But that doesn't change the fact that I wish I had known - this really knocks my leak into perspective.

OK - the leak is a damned nuisance, and yes, it does interfere with my life (as much as I allow it!) but a brain tumour is another kettle of fish.  At least I can get the leak sorted with minimum invasion, but a tumour.....

Time to call this quits - I'm shaking.

Back when I can pull myself together.

Karen


Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: