Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

The triffid has landed

Ok – more precisely, an Amaryllis. My desk has started to look like a miniature jungle again, with two amaryllis, a cactus and a peace lily.

The one amaryllis has refused to die down, so is still in full leaf on my desk. I doubt if it will flower this year, but at least the new one will. This one is a green flower (I’ll post a photo when it flowers) and at the moment, just looks like a giant onion bulb.

The cactus is something special. It’s Mammillaria compressa "Yokan" and according to my colleagues, it’s weird.




Me?  I think it's normal, and looks surprisingly good on my desk, where I jokingly refer to it as "Spikey" as it's covered in small vicious spines that are surprisingly hard to see and remove.

Ah well, guess I should do some work, but I'm suffering from TNFI, and it's only Tuesday!

Back later.

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: