Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Getting old(er)

It's my birthday today, and I feel...  Well, ancient.  Aside from that, I'm in the playpen, and am not exactly delighted to be in, as I really felt like taking a so-called "duvet day" (a day when you're not sick - just can't be asked to come in to work)

But there was one bright spot when I got into the office and logged on to my e-mail.  My beloved had sent me a really sweet e-mail, with this picture attached to it:



That just about finished me off, as it was the last thing that I had expected, and nearly made me drop my mug - which would have really upset me, as it's a limited edition from Denby Pottery:

 

Ok - this mug is the Linen colour (mine's Imperial Blue) and holds a pint of liquid.  Admittedly, to some people, that's quite daunting but I' m quite used to it, and no-one else in the office would dare pick it up, as it's always seen on my desk.  That and the fact that it is rather heavy!

Ah well - guess I should be getting on with some w*rk, but I have got a severe case of TNFI...

Back later.

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: