Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Death of a pope

Those who know me, know that I am not the slightest bit religous, and the only time I go to church, is "hatch, match, despatch and when I'm dragged!"

Don't get me wrong - I do have friends of most religions, and am of the opinion that there must be some higher power. But, as I've demonstrated in the past, even when organising Dad's funeral - I opted for a non-religous ceremony - with Mum's full agreement.

I do admit to having a certain degree of curisoity about the Catholic faith, as it is very different from the faith that my own family stems from - the Protestant order - but to be honest, watching the highlights of the Pope's funeral last night, as I was unable to watch the event live due to work commitments, and I was unwilling to travel to Rome.

Because I felt that to do such a thing when I am not a Catholic, would have deprived someone, to whom the late Pope meant a great deal to, the chance of seeing him lying in state, and attanding the funeral rites.

Time to call it quits - got bits and pieces to do - including retrieving the furry thug again!

Back later (after the Grand National!)

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down.

0 comments: