Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Thankfully, a quieter day!

And boy, I need it! After yesterday, I was quite ready to tell certain people where they could stick their tyres, and walk out. But, after a relaxing evening with my other half (it was his birthday yesterday, so rather than allowing him to cook - I treated him to dinner - more in a bit!), I feel an awful lot happier. But that's not that hard, given the fact that I was tired, stressed and in an awful lot of pain, because I'd hurt my shoulder on Sunday.

Me being dumb, decided to go riding, as I'm preparing for a point-to-point the end of April, and I need to make sure that Flame is fit enough to run. Because I'd not been riding for a few days, she was rather on the frisky side, and started pulling quite a bit!

As for the point-to-point, I don't expect Flame and I to win, but if we ge tplaced, I'll be quite happy with that. Ok - I know I've got to be fit enough, but I'm working on the principal that I can dose myself up on painkillers and ride that way. Admittedly, it's not the ideal way to ride, but I'm lucky enough to have a horse that I trust!

Last night was, as I've already said, my other half's birthday dinner. We went to a pub that I know - The Blue Lias at Stockton. He was really surprised that I'd bothered to book a table for us, and was pleased that I'd chosen The Blue Lias, as it was somewhere a bit different...

The thing that made the pair of us laugh, was the tabby cat that decided to try and mug the pair of us for various bits of food - especially my other half - who was dumb enough to have the trout!

Despite the attentions of the moggy, it was a fun evening, and I don't mind admitting that I'm knackered now!

Suppose I should call this quits - I've got stuff to get on with...

Back when I get the chance...

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down

0 comments: