Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Getting fed up with the kid glove treatment

I know this sounds crazy, but I’m getting more than a little fed up with people treating me like I’m made of china.

People may find this rather trivial, but to me, at this moment in time, it’s a real irritation to me, and I can’t see a way of stopping people without causing major offence.

One of the worst offenders (if I can call him that!) is my line manger. Ok – he’s seen me when I’ve been very close to breaking point, and has seen me coming into the office in tears, because I’d visited the crem at lunchtime.

Admittedly, that’s probably the reason he treats me with kid gloves, but there are times that I find it incredibly annoying, and I know damned well that if I did say anything to him, he would be really hurt.

But, I guess that it's just something that I'm going to have to put up with - especially as it's nearly a year since I lost Dad, and I guess that the façade that I present to the world is starting to crack a little - and if that's the case, then I'm scared.

Simply because I obviously thought I was stronger than this, and am too damned stubborn to admit that this impending anniversary is going to hurt like hell.

Guess I should call this entry quits - I'm supposed to be doing some work!

Back later, if I get the chance.

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down

0 comments: