Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

The mother of all jumbos!

IT FLIES!!!! The Airbus A380 flies!!! To be honest, I will admit to feelings of sorrow and loss as I watched this new aircraft take to the skies on BBC News 24. Simply because this is the first new airbus launch that I've missed seeing from Toulouse airport.

How did I manage to watch all the other test flights? Simple. Dad used to take me to watch the test flights, because he knew that it was something that I was (and still am) very interested in.

Ok - I will admit Dad had a professional reason for being at the test flight - he was going to be the one working with the aircraft, but for me, it was a chance to see a new aircraft, and learn more about Dad's job.

But, whilst I was allegedly doing some work, I've managed to find the offical Airbus website. It's got some stunning images, and is well worth a look: http://www.airbus.com/A380/seeing/indexminisite.aspx

Hmm, guess I should call time on this entry for today - I know I appear to have a charmed life at times, but I don't really want to push my luck too far...

Back when I get chance.

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down

0 comments: