Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

MG Rover bites the dust

Well the inevitable has happened. MG Rover has gone bust. And despite the bleeding heart cries from Tony Blair and his cronies, there seems to be no depths that this government will not plunge to, in a vain attempt to stay in power.

Ok - I admit it sounds like I'm just jumping on the bandwagon - and using the MG Rover crisis to blast the government. Far from it. What irritates me, is that this government were quite happy to sit back and watch Ford pull the plug on the Jaguar plant in Coventry, with a similar number of jobs being lost, and no offers of help to re-train the workers affected.

But the minute there's an election in the offing, Blair scampers up to Birmingham in an attempt to be seen doing something to help the affected families, and hopefully, ensure that they vote for his mob again.

But, unfortunately, the words too little, too late tend to come to mind. The only time that the top brass politicians come to the Midlands, is when they need the public to vote them back into power. Well, I've got news for them. I doubt if the families affected by MG Rover's closure will vote for them again - I know I certainly won't!

Time to call it quits - it's time for me to escape.

Back tomorrow if I get the chance.

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down

0 comments: