Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Ever had one of those days?

Well, I've had one. It started at about 03:30 this morning, when the furry fiend (Ponto) decided to take a flying leap onto the bed, to start a play fight with Fred. Ok - that's not normally a problem. But it is when I've got to to be at work for 09:00 in the morning, and deal with something that I've never done before, it's not appreciated.

Then, things got worse. There were three people off, the phones were going bananas, and there was me, trying to deal with the bloody report, and all the other crap that was slung my way. So, needless to say, I was less than impressed when I kept getting calls to deal with various bit and pieces...

But, thankfully, there are things in this world that have me creasing up with with laughter - and this is one of them...

30 Lines To Make You Smile Today

1. My husband and I divorced over religious differences. He thought he was God.
2. I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
3. I Work Hard Because.. Millions On Welfare Depend on Me!
4.. Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
5.. I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
6.. Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.
7.. You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
8.. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
9.. Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
10.. I'm not a complete idiot --Some parts are missing.
11.. Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
12.. NyQuil, the stuffy, sneezy, why-the-hell-is-the-room-spinning medicine.
13.. God must love stupid people; He made so many.
14.. This gene pool could use a little chlorine.
15.. Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.
16.. Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
17.. Being "over the hill" is much better than being under it!
18.. Wrinkled.. Was Not One of the Things I Wanted to Be When I Grew up.
19.. Procrastinate Now!
20.. I Have a Degree in Liberal Arts; Do You Want Fries With That?
21.. A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
22.. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.
23.. Stupidity is not a handicap. Park elsewhere!
24.. They called it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.
25.. He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.
26.. A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.
27.. Ham and eggs. A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
28.. The trouble with life is there's no background music.
29.. The original point and click interface was a Smith and Wesson.
30.. I smile because I don't know what the hell is going on.

Guess that I should log off and bog off - I'm supposed to be heading over to see my other half tonight, as I'm taking him out to dinner...

Back tomorrow - if I get the chance.

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down

0 comments: