Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Talk about an adrenaline bounce!

I completed the point-to-point with Flame, and the little beauty (ok - not so little - she's 17hh!) made it round the course - all 3 1/2 miles of it!

We did really well - out of a field of 30 competitors, we came 5th! Not bad going, when you consider that Flame's only a 5-year old - which means that she's still only a baby in horse terms!

The best bit was the fact that my other half was there to see me off, and from what my friend was saying, he could barely watch the race, as he was terrified I'd injure myself.

Ok - there's a good reason for him being worried, as the last time I rode the course, I ended up in hospital with concussion as my horse had accidentally kicked my head (which was protected by a very good riding hat - the only thing that prevented a more serious injury!)

But, once he realised that I was back safe and sound with Flame, he was the first one to cuddle me, and helped me cool Flame down after the race. Even Amber wanted to help out, and was as proud as anything, leading Flame around slowly, and looking for all the world like my minature groom!

The only thing that worried me was the fact that Amber didn't look too well, and I asked her mum if she was ok... It turns out that the poor little kid has to go into hospital next week for major heart surgery.

I knew that Amber hadn't been very well, and will admit to being a little miffed that her Mum hadn't told me how ill Amber was. But, given the fact that Carole (Amber's mum) pointed out that I'd got enough on my plate, I was willing to let things rest...

Suppose I should call this entry quits - I'm off out to celebrate!

Back tomorrow - hangover permitting!

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down

0 comments: