Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Things are looking up!

Guess I must be doing something right after all... I've had my review, and to say that I was stunned by the review was an understatement.

It was really good, and it turns out that the powers that be at my company have noticed my "can do" attitude, and are making comments in meetings that my line manager attends. So, needless to say, he's really pleased with the way that I've coped with being thrown in at the deep end.

I did admit to getting home a couple of times, and throwing things across the living room (causing both moggies to run for cover!) and he laughed, and said that it proved that I was getting challenged by my job.

Damned right I am, but to be honest, I don't object to that, as I'm the sort of person that needs a challenge to keep myself on top of the game, and stop myself getting bored.

But, after my review, whilst I was trying to get my feet back on the ground, I started thinking... And I realised what was different about this job. It's because I like the people I work with, and the attitude that the company takes with its staff. And, because of that, I'm willing to pull out all the stops to give the company 110% - especially as my colleagues have been really supportive over the past year or so....

And I've really needed that support - especially just recently. My god-daughter, Amber, is currently in Birmingham Children's Hospital, having undergone major heart surgery to replace two of the valves in her heart, and I've been spending every evening at her bedside.

It breaks my heart to see the little munchkin all wired up, but as she was asking for her teddy today, I know that she's on the road to recovery.

Guess I should call this entry quits - got bits to do before I head for Birmingham...

Back tomorrow.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: