Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Another early start...

Just what Mum didn't need. I'd been out horse riding this morning. (I left the house at 05:30 and got back just after 07:00.) I set the alarm and went upstairs to sort out some files on the computer off line when the damned alarm went off!

I shot downstairs and turned the thing off and cursed whatever caused it to go off. There was no sign of anything that could have caused it - not even one of the cats as they were both in the study with me. (I think Ponto was under the impression that if he looked appealingly enough at me, I might feed him. Think again cat!)

Thankfully, Mum and I sound identical on the 'phone so once I'd turned the alarm off and reassured Mum that it was nothing to worry about, I called the service centre who said that an engineer would be out by 10:00 this morning.

Great. It's a good thing that I wasn't planning on doing anything today, otherwise I would have been well and truly screwed.

Under normal circumstances, this wouldn't have been a problem as Mum was supposed to be working this weekend. But, as she's been signed off by the doctor with inflamed cartilage in the right knee, she was asleep - or at least she was until the alarm went off!

So, because Mum's been signed off, she's been at home the past few days,, and has been told by the doctor that she's to do as little as possible, and rest with her feet up - which means no gardening - much to Mum's disgust!

But, I guess there is a positive side to me sitting here on the computer… It gives me chance to assess the perfume I tried yesterday in Stratford. It’s Dior’s new fragrance – Addict 2.

I will admit, when I first tried it, I thought it was a little too sweet smelling, but as it’s warmed up and adapted to my skin acidity, it’s really nice. Think I might drop a hint to the other half about getting me some, otherwise I’ll just go and get it myself!

Time to call this quits – I want to get the washing knocked off this morning.

Back later.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread.

0 comments: