Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

One year on, and things still hurt.

It’s been a year and a day since Dad died, and it still hurts like hell. And to make matters worse, my best mate called me yesterday morning to say that his Dad had been rushed into hospital with a heart attack.

That nearly broke me in the morning, and I will admit to being rather subdued at work, which did make people wonder if I was ok, but those that work with me knew the reason for me being subdued.

I will admit, I was glad that he called me, as I was supposed to be going over to see him and his family last night, and he said that the last thing he wanted was for me to walk straight into the mess.

Time to call this entry quits - I'm too emotionally challenged to be able to think straight.

Back when my mind and emotional state allow.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: