Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

A shot in the shoulder

I've been to my doctor this morning, and been told that the next step isn't for me to see a saw-bones. (Thank God - I hate having to go to Warwick hospital - for obvious reasons!) Instead, I'm to have a cortisone jab in the joint, in an effort to reduce the inflammation, then go back to the sadist (sorry - I mean physiotherapist!) to get things moving again.

There is, however, one drawback to this jab... The last time I had a cortisone jab, I went and passed out, and gave the doctor quite a fright. But the main thing, is the fact that Mum's on the late shift so that it means that I can get a lift with her to the doctor's, have the jab, and then get a lift into work...

However, I've also got to go to a meeting in Winchester the following day, and I'm not looking forward to that at all. Still, I can always explain an evil mood by saying that I'm in pain with my shoulder, and from what the doctor has said, I'll be in a sling for a couple of days! So, guess what - I'm going to be playing the sympathy vote for all I'm damned well worth!

I know that it's not normally the sort of trick I pull, but given how I feel about this meeting it's just what I'm going to do.

Time to call this entry quits - I'm off to Birmingham to see Amber.

Back when I get chance.

Karen.
I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: