Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

It never rains but it pours....

And I guess that this blog entry sums up how I'm feeling at this moment in time. I had a missed call on my 'phone this morning, and because I was up to my eyeballs in work, I didn't get chance to check who it was from until lunchtime.

The missed call was from my best mate, and I sent him a text, to see how he was... He called me back, and dropped the bombshell on me: his Mum's got kidney cancer. He's had to cut short his holiday, as he said that the last thing he wanted, was to be on holiday, knowing that his Mum's seriously ill.

I will admit, I was stunned, and asked him to let me know how his mum was when he got home. He agreed, and said that the reason he called me, was because he knew how close I was to his Mum and Dad.

That's quite true - they welcomed me with open arms when I started seeing him, and when we split up, berated him for being a fool for calling it quits with me. But, when I lost Dad, his family welcomed me with open arms, and really helped me though a very difficult time.

Suppose I should call this quits - I'm supposed to be working.

Back when I get chance.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: