Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Thanking my lucky stars..

Someone somewhere must be looking after me today...

I sent a message to my friend (with whom I rowed with yesterday), asking if he was ok, and got this response...

I'm ok - not soggy coz I'm inside. Just tryin' to be chilled but everyone has the hump this morning.

So I'm going on the offensive and into coiled spring mode, so look out London!

I hope you are ok as you don't seem to be the Kaz I love today. You ain't treading on egg shells you know, so get with the beat and be the Kaz I know you are...

So if you want to beat me up you know where I am, neh neh ne neh neh...


That had the desired effect, and made me laugh, and made me realise just strong our friendship really is - anyone else would have been in a major strop with me.

But the real ice breaker was this little gem that I was sent... I admitted that I was getting fed up with the Tony Christie song - Is this the way to Amarillo as it's not my style of music at all! (I'm of the long hair & black t-shirt fraternity - I'm into things like AC/DC & Black Sabbath!)

1. Start at Birmingham Airport.

2. Catch flight from Birmingham to Newark Liberty Airport.

3. Catch flight from Newark Liberty Airport to Dallas Fort Worth Airport.

4. Hire car at Dallas Fort Worth Airport.

5. Start going toward the "Airport Exit" on "International Parkway South" - follow for 0.2 miles.

6. Bear left onto the highway toward "Terminal East Parking" - follow for 0.3 miles

7. Bear left onto "International Parkway North" toward "North Airport Exit" -follow for 2.9 miles

8. Take the "Highway 114 west" exit toward "Fort Worth" - follow for 29.2 miles

9. Then continue on "US 287 north" - follow for 91.1 miles

10. "US 287 north" becomes "Interstate-44 east" - follow for 0.7 miles

11. Take left fork onto "US-287 north" toward "Vernon" - follow for 104.0 miles

12. "US 287 north" becomes "Avenue F (US-287)" - follow for 2.8 miles

13. Continue to follow "US 287 north" - follow for 104.9 miles

14. Take left ramp onto "Interstate 40 west" toward "Dumas" - follow for 7.8miles

15. Take "Exit 70" onto "US 60 east" toward "Dumas" - follow for 0.5 miles

16. Take the "Buchanan Street" exit toward "Dumas/Pampa" - follow for1.7 miles

17. Turn right onto "Old Route 66 (Interstate 40)" - follow for 0.1 miles

18. Arrive at the centre of "Amarillo, Texas"

Now that's the way to f*cking Amarillo!!!!!!!!

SO CAN EVERYONE SHUT THE F*** UP NOW??!!!!!

Suppose I'd better think about doing some work before I go on my lunch-break....

Back when I get chance...

Karen.



I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: