Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

A small prayer being answered

Amber is on the road to recovery, and Carole decided that Rachel, Julian and I needed to get away from the area for the day, so we were under strict instructions to “bugger off for the day, and have fun.”

Ok – we didn’t need telling twice, and decided to head to Bath, as there was a Christmas market on, and we might stand a chance of getting the presents that we’d still to get – in my case, something for Mum that she didn’t know anything about!

It was a decision which proved to be highly successful for me! I managed to get Mum a pair of unusual silver earrings, and a Bath Aqua Glass perfume bottle!

It was one of those things that I just kept going back to, and in the end, Julian got fed up with me messing around, and growled “just go and buy the damned thing will you?!

So, that was bought, and we spent the rest of the day dodging the rain showers that seemed to plague us – but I don’t think any of us objected, as we all managed to finish off our Christmas shopping.

As we drove back, my mobile rang, and my heart sank when I heard the ring tone – it was Carole.Thankfully, she was calling us to say that Amber was asking where we were, and that she wanted to see us as soon as we got back…

So, instead of heading for Julian’s, we headed for the hospital... Where were greeted by the sight of Amber sitting up in bed, demanding a cuddle from us all!

Ok – she still looked very pale, but it was such a relief to see her sitting up in bed.

Time to call this entry quits – I’m mentally and physically exhausted now – but hopefully I should be able to sleep, as I know that Amber is on the road to recovery…

Back when I get the chance…

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: