Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Hopes and dreams

Well, it looks like Amber is slowly improving, but it breaks my heart to see the kid all wired up, and needles going into her small body, in an attempt to get the antibiotics into her system, so that she has a chance of fighting off the infection.

My daft friend has been a real angel, and sent me the most beautiful picture of a sunset attached to an e-mail...

Karen hi,

I hope that you are ok.

I am sorry that I couldn’t be there for you, I feel as tho I had left you alone to deal with Amber, but we are so far apart it ain’t easy.

Here is that picture of the sunset I told you about - it does look as tho there is a star in the middle doesn’t it?



I hope you like it. God bless you and keep you safe may he watch over you for always. God looks after his own and he’ll look after you and Amber, trust me he will.


Take good care munchkin and I’ll speak soon.


xxx
That reduced me to tears, and I don’t mind admitting it, as at this moment in time, I’m emotionally wiped out, and this was the final straw for me.

But, thankfully, I’m skilled enough to cover my tracks where Carole is concerned – the only people I can’t fool are Julian & Quentin – and my ex, who has been a tower of strength to me.

Despite the fact that we’ve “split up”, he’s been a real help, and has made things as easy as he can for me, and has said that if I need someone to lean on, then all I have to do is call him. I know he means well, but at this moment in time, I'm having enough trouble with my emotions going haywire, without adding him into the mix again.

Time to call this quits - I'm going to try and get some sleep tonight.

Back tomorrow...

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: