Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Jumping to the wrong conclusion - again!

But that's nothing unusual for me! I called my friend as soon as I was out of the office, expecting to talk to this voice mail, only for him to answer the 'phone! I asked if everything was ok, and he told me that he'd not been able to reply to the text message that I'd sent to him, as his 'phone was playing up!

He explained the situation (and I'm not going to elaborate - suffice to say that he was helping out his girlfriend - more than that remains between the two of us!) and that he was feeling a little bit guilty about having to change our plans at the last minute.

That didn't worry me in the slightest, as he was decent enough to call me before I finished work, and also left me a voicemail to let me know what was happening (after a fashion) as I couldn't answer my 'phone - I was on a work related call!

But, we've re-arranged our get together - nothing more drastic than a coffee, a chat and a film on DVD - for next Tuesday night. That way, both of us can get the various arrangements in place to make sure that neither of us have upset members of our respective families and or significant others.

Time to call it quits - got a CD that I want to make a copy of for the car...

Back tomorrow.

Karen.


Do spiders scream when the see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: