Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Sharing a joke…

There are some people who can make a day seem an awful lot brighter, by sharing a laugh. The best example today, has been the Scots fella who was ordering some tyres for a Peugeot 307 XSi.

He wanted a particular tyre type, but unfortunately, there’s more than one variety of this tyre, and ideally, you need to match like with like. We talked about the car – I’ve driven the 307 110 HDi diesel turbo – which is extremely fast – for a diesel! Mind you – I made a bad mistake a couple of years ago…

I took on what I thought was a standard diesel, only to have the damn thing accelerate, and chew me up then spit me out in little pieces! It was a blasted 110, not the 90! But, that’s not the only time I’ve bitten off more than I can chew…

When Mum was in hospital, after having surgery on her arm to remove one of the plates, Dad and I had gone to visit her – the pair of us in separate cars, as he was going to work (he worked at Birmingham airport – those people who know me, know who Dad used to work for!), and I was going to head back home.

Well, we headed for the hospital, and at the major traffic island (the junction of the A45 & the A46) I was first at the traffic lights, with a BMW along side me…. I looked over, and saw the M-series bodykit on the car, and assumed that the driver had more money than sense… And that the car was a standard BMW. Boy – did I get that one wrong!

The lights changed, and I accelerated, expecting to leave the BMW for dead. No chance. The BMW hit the powerband, and that was it. I was eating rubber. Dad found it hilarious, and said to Mum:

“Our daughter’s an idiot – she took on an M-series BMW in her car.”

“Hang on a minute – I didn’t know that it was an M-series – I just thought it was someone with more money than sense. I didn’t realise that it was the real McCoy!”

“Didn’t you see the twin tail pipes?”

“Not until he was past me.”


 
That caused much hilarity, and even up to the day he died, Dad used to tease me about my mistake – but thankfully, that was the only one that I admitted to! If he known what I used to get up to (and still get up to) he’d skin me!

Time to call it quits – there are too many people about to blog safely at the moment!

Back later [possibly].

Karen.
Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: