Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Knackered - and ready to string someone up!

As the title says, I'm knackered. Ok - the scare I had in the car this morning woke me up (for an hour or so), but now I'm starting to doze again. Why? Simple. The blasted alarm system triggered this morning at 02:33.

There was no reason for it, as both cats were upstairs - Fred snoring on my bed, and Ponto was sulking in the study - I'd told him off earlier in the evening for coughing up a hairball on my bed!

I grabbed my dressing gown, and flew downstairs, muttering expletives, and switched the damn thing off. There was no reason for it to trigger (well, none that I could find) and I started to walk back upstairs, only to have the appetite on legs (Ponto) decide that as I was up and around, he could have breakfast!

I gave him a few cat biscuits, which he ate, and then just sat there, looking at his bowl, then looking up at me, as if to say "is that all I'm going to get?" Damned right. I had no intention of feeding him all night - not when I had to be up at 06:30!

Mum had also been woken up by the alarm, but fortunately for her, she has today off, and the only major thing that she has to do, is take the 307 into the garage to get the indicator cluster sorted out in the offside front headlamp.

Hmm - suppose I'd better answer my 'phone before it drives me barmy.

Karen.
Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: