Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Get a solicitor involved? You must be joking!

I’ve just spoken to the people who usually deal with probate matters… They have advised me to do the work myself, as it would be considerably cheaper - approx. £130, as opposed to £500 or more, if we got someone else to do it!

Call me tight fisted if you like, but I’d prefer to do the work myself, and ask for advise as and when I need it, as this could prove easier for me, and (I know this sounds horrible) at least I know what to do when Mum dies.

I’ve also spoken to Mum, and she’s agreed with me – the best course of action is for us to do the paperwork ourselves, and then file the necessary documents at the probate court.

Hopefully, there’s a closer court than Birmingham, as apparently, you have to go in and swear some kind of oath (I guess it’s along the lines of that the information given is true, etc.) and then the certificate is issued, and can be sent off to the relevant people, and Dad’s estate can be sorted out, and the files archived on the computer.

Time to call it quits – got calls to make!

Back later.

Karen.

Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: