Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Waiting patiently is hard to do…

As the title suggests, I’m finding the wait for my new car somewhat trying. But, I’ve been given a build date of 18/10/04, so hopefully, I should have the new car for the end of the month!

The best bit is, that I’ve not told anyone at work that I’m getting a new car, and when ever I’ve been asked, I’ve been rather evasive! So it should be quite funny to see the look on people’s faces when I bring the blue flyer into work!

I’ve also got to book my remaining half-day’s holiday, in order to use up my allocation before the end of the year. So, I’ve put in for a half day in the end of November, so that I can do some Christmas shopping.

Don’t get me wrong – I’ve not got that much to do, but it will give me chance to get a few bits and pieces – including Mum’s footspa. Thankfully, she’s off, so she can help me pick out the right one for her, and also have a look for a few bits for my Godsprog.

But, the trouble is, I don’t have the foggiest what to get her. I mean, what do you get a three year old girl, who seems to have everything, and is more interested in her pony than dolls?

I get a feeling that I may be taking a trip to Walsall, to see if I can get her something to do with the pony, as that seems to be where her interests lie at this moment in time.

I’m also going to speak to her mum, and see if she has given any indication of what she would like for Christmas… I know that’s cheating, but to be honest, what else can I do?

Time to call it quits – my ‘phone’s ringing.

Back later – if I get chance.

Karen.

Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: