Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Trying to wrap myself around a kerb...

And no - I'm not joking. I got it wrong on the Myton Road island, heading to work, and as I started to turn towards my exit, the car decided to go straight on - towards the kerb. If it hadn't been for the fact that I'd done skid pan training about three years ago, I would have lost the front end of the car.

So, after that, I did back off the throttle - a bit. But, I doubt if it will slow me down for very long, as I'm one of these people that just has to push my limits in the car. I can get away with it in this one, as I've had it long enough to know its quirks, but the new one will be a totally different kettle of fish. If I try to pull some of the tricks in the new one, then there is every chance I will do one of several things:

* Kill myself
* Write the car off
* Write the car off AND kill myself

But, whatever happens, life's too short to worry. Although Mum wouldn't be too happy if she knew what I was like when I'm on my own... But this morning, I get the impression that someone was looking after me this morning, and all I can say is thank you.

Back later - it's starting to get busy...

Karen.

Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: