Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Dratted insurance companies… Why can’t they be more helpful??

Why is it that you try to make a claim on a life insurance policy, the company throws as many obstructions in your path as they possibly can? We’ve been told that the claim had been authorised, but as it was over the company limit, we need to go through probate.

Which is a pain in the backside, as everyone else has been a real help, and has agreed that there is no requirement for this. Simply because Dad’s will stated that everything had been left to Mum and there are no other claimants on the estate. I don’t count, because I’m classified as independent, as I’m earning my own money.

The worst part, is the fact that Birmingham office that I’m trying to contact has a recorded message, to say that the reception is on restricted hours, due to staff training, and that if you leave a message, they will call you back. Fine under normal circumstances, but knowing my luck, they would call me when I was unable to take the call.

So, I’ve decided to call them during my lunch break, and see what happens. The last time I called them, they were really helpful, and gave me the information about what to do, and whom I should contact when I needed help.

Suppose I’d better answer my phone before it drives me scatty!

Back later.

Karen.
Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: