Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

There are times when I could cheerfully wring someone’s neck. Care to volunteer?

Just spoken to the probate office. Because the insurance policy is over £5k, then there is the requirement to go through probate, which can take about two months or more!

Apparently, it is quite easy, but the lass I spoke to said that we needed to declare all of Dad’s assets – that were held in his name only. Because the majority of the assets were in joint names, they don’t count, but there are some bits I need advise on.

So, the lass has arranged for one of her colleagues to call me during my lunch break, and I can talk things through with him, and see what the best course of action is – i.e. if Mum & I do the work, or if we just let the family solicitor loose.

Hmm – looks like things are starting to work. Not.

Back later.

Karen.

Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: