Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Someone hide my WH Smith’s loyalty card!

Simply because I have this terrible habit of going in there with the intention of just looking, and end up buying one or more items! In this case, I bought two books – both by Kelley Armstrong – Dime Store Magic and Industrial Magic.

I also bought two DVDs (special edition 2 disc DVDs) – it was buy one, get one free – so I did. The DVDs in question are Tom Cruise – Minority Report, and Ben Affleck - Daredevil.

Both are films that I have enjoyed immensely (for various personal reasons!) and managed to miss getting the ‘normal’ DVD editions the first time ‘round – hence the reason for me getting them now. I’m also tempted to see if I can get the final part of the Lord of the Rings trilogy – The Return of the King on the four disc special edition.

I know that it sounds like I’m obsessed with the special editions of the DVDs, but in the case of the Lord of the Rings, you get all the extra bits and pieces that were never shown at the cinema.

The others, it’s just a case of getting things like the director’s commentary, the making of the films, and the background of the film as well, which I personally find quite interesting.

But there is one film, which means an awful lot to me. I know this is going to sound silly to some people, but it’s Master and Commander – The far side of the world. Simply because this was the last film that Dad and I watched together before his untimely death.

I know that you shouldn’t attach so much importance to something like that, but it was an evening that I really enjoyed, and so it will always have a special place in my heart.

Time to call it quits – my ‘phone’s ringing. Again.

Karen.

Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: