Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Happiness... Is being told that your car insurance hasn't gone up...

As you can see, I'm quite a happy little tigger at this moment in time. Why? Because I've just spoken to my insurance company, and have been told that my premium won't increase for this year, because I'm getting a new car!

Other than that, it's been a surprisingly successful day for me. I managed to find a pair of shoes that didn't cripple me - I've got wide feet, and for some reason, most shoe manufacturers seem to think that women have dainty little narrow feet. I don't (too many years of wearing sandals - allowed my feet to spread quite merrily!), so I find it hard to get shoes that don't cripple me, or look like shoe boxes.

I've also put the order in for my contact lenses - and saved 50% on the price! They should be £45 for the first three months, but I only paid £22.50... The optician admitted that he'd kept quiet about the half price promotion, as he didn't want to influence my decision about the lenses, by telling me that they would be half price.

Ok - I'm not the sort of person to be swayed by that sort of offer - it was just a bonus for me, as far as I was concerned, but I can understand his reluctance to mention it, in case it did influence my decision to get the lenses.

I also managed to get another book (I'm quite a bookworm, and can go through a book in a couple of days, with relative ease.) This one is a Robin Cook omnibus - with Toxin and Chromosome 6 in it. I've read several of his books before - they tend to be medical thrillers, and to be honest, I find them hard to put down.

Suppose I'd better log off, and bog off - I've got to go and see my Godsprog this evening, and I've got some fudge to give to the little monster. (She's actually a really sweet kid - but she's drawn the short straw with me as her Godmother - I'll teach her all my bad habits!)

No doubt I'll be very popular with her, and her mother will threaten to lynch me. Again. But, that's what Godchildren are for - spoiling rotten, especially when you can hand them back to their parents!

Back tomorrow - I hope!

Karen.

Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: