Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

In the shadows

OK - I admit it. I'm a Rasmus fan! I have been, ever since I switched on a heavy rock station [Kerrang! FM (availible on http://www.kerrang.com/)], and heard the song In the Shadows... So, me being me, I went and bought the album, and am now succeeding in driving my friends and family scatty with it constantly playing!

I suppose I'd better give you some kind of introduction to myself, and why I decided to start a blog.. My name's Karen, and the reason for the blog? Well, where do I start??


My life got turned upside down on May 24 2004 when I came home from work, and found out that my father had collapsed in the local shopping centre [I still have tremendous trouble going there!], and died later that afternoon in the local hospital's A&E department. So, that left my mother and myself wondering what the hell was going to become of the pair of us.. (Yes, I'm an only child - and I've heard all the comments about being a spoilt brat, thank you very much!)

Things have moved on since then, and Mum and I have slotted into a quiet routine, traveling into work together when our shift patterns allow it.. Mum works about a mile away from me, and usually starts earlier than I do. So if it's my turn to drive, I drop her off at work, then wind my way to my office, and see what has landed in my e-mail in box...

The weekends can be a trying time for me.. Because Mum works alternate weekends, I get left to my own devices, which suits me just fine.. Apart from today. I've got a wedding to go to this afternoon, in Nottingham.

Don't get me wrong - the person getting married is an old friend of mine, and I wish him all the luck in the world. It's just that I really don't feel like driving up the M1 with all that associated hassle, and I can think of other things that I'd rather be doing today. But, I've said I'll go, and it's too late to back out now.

The other thing that is driving me up the wall is my ISP. I keep getting bounced off, whilst trying to get the Windows XP security patch.. Most fustrating. OK - I can understand the reasons, but that doesn't do much for my computer - not when the patch is about 77 Mb!

Ah well, suppose I'd better log off, and bog off.... I've got to get ready for this weeding [sorry - wedding!]

Karen.

Do siders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: