Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Things that make you go “Grr.”

There are times when I could cheerfully wring someone’s neck – and today is one of them. My car decided to play up last night: - the fuel gauge was showing that I was on fumes, so, like any normal person, I drove cautiously to the fuel station, and proceeded to get some petrol for the car…

Only for it to refuse to take any more than it had already go on board! I was charged for 2l (the minimum delivery), and as soon as I was clear from the pumps, I called my friendly mechanic (who services the car for me when it goes into the dealership for the services.)

He then told me that it sounded like the fuel sender in the tank was on the way out, and the best thing I could do, was get rid of the car, as this could be the start of something more serious. So, needless to say, I’m less than impressed. But, I suppose there is a silver lining to this problem – I’m going to order the Peugeot 206 on Saturday… http://www.peugeot.co.uk/

I will admit to feeling slightly upset – ok, I know that there will be people out there who say “Why? It’s only a car!” But that’s not the point – it’s my car – one that I’ve run in, tuned up and generally thrown around here there and everywhere.

But, life goes on, and I suppose this give me a chance to get to know another car – and spend time learning its quirks….

Rats – there goes my ‘phone. Suppose I’d better answer it…

Back later – possibly.

Karen.

Do spiders scream when the see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: