Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Watching ghosts from my past walk by…

An appropriate title for this entry in my blog… Simply because I went to see an old friend last night – an ex to be more precise. We split as lovers, not because one cheated on the other, but because we knew that it wasn’t right – there was some essential spark missing.

Despite that, we’ve been able to stay good friends, and I went over to see him, and share a laugh and a joke, and a few tears [over Dad], simply because I know that I don’t have to put up the tough bitch act when I’m with him.

He looked tired, and when he told me the reason behind it, I started laughing, and told him that I had no sympathy for him whatsoever. In the past, when he’s admitted something like that to me, I’ve exploded, and accused him of ‘rubbing my nose it.’

But now, I’m not bothered in the slightest, and am really pleased that he’s happy. And no – I’m not just saying that to make myself appear totally selfless – it’s a genuine opinion, and the most important thing, is that fact that my best friend knows how I feel.

When I was a little more composed, we sat and watched a film on DVD – Ghost Ship. I will admit, I’d picked the DVD up myself, a couple of times, with the intention to buy it, but changed my mind at the last minute for some reason.

Parts of it really freaked me out (especially the scene with the rats in the packing case – I hate rats!) but in general, it was a really good film – one that I have now resolved to get myself!

He also lent me Dreamcatchers on video, and again, it’s a film that I’ve looked at, but never gone through with the purchase. So, that’s going to be a quiet night in front of the telly for me and the cats, watching that film, and scaring myself half to death!

Time to call it quits – nearly time to escape on lunch…

Back later.

Karen.

Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath

0 comments: