Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

I’m free!

No, I’m not doing my impersonation of John Innman in Are you being served? – it’s how I’m feeling this morning. It’s my last working day for two weeks, as I’m going to spend a week in Jersey and a week at home… Well, on the UK mainland anyway. Whether I stay in the Warwickshire area is another matter entirely!

But, if I get my way, I get a trip to the Hereford Cider Museum… http://www.cidermuseum.co.uk/ No, it’s not me being selfish – it kills two birds with one stone… We [Mum & I] need to get a new mower, as the old one packed up. Mind you – it got a fair bit of abuse from the family – including me running it into the fence on numerous occasions!

I know what some people will say – “why don’t you go to the local DIY store and buy one?” Simple. When you’re mowing a paddock, you don’t want to drag huge amounts of cable behind you, and most DIY stores don’t stock a decent petrol mower. When I say decent, I mean one that last longer than two years. The one that’s just packed up lasted 10 years, before it became too expensive to repair.

Hmm – suppose I’d better do some w*rk…

Back later.

Karen.
Do spiders scream when the see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: