Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Worrying about a friend, and other things

I've spoken to my daft hog riding friend and he's not a well bunny. He's got a viral throat infection - apparently it's the one that causes professional singers to cancel tours, as the only way to regain the full vocal range is rest the voice.

That, under normal circumstances would have me sniggering, as I jokingly tell him that the appetite on legs has a better singing (ok - meowing) voice than him but he's really ill with this bug.

But, the worst is still to come, as he's got to go and see his boss tomorrow and tell him the good news.. I felt like telling him that it was a bit extreme, catching this bug, just so he could get some time off work!

The others things are to do with my work. I'm having to act as the senior person in my department, as the rest of them are off at the conference (I refused to go), thus meaning that I have to work twice as hard, to keep people happy.

Guess I should call this quits - I need to get back and make sure that things haven't blown up whilst I've been on lunch!

Back later, if I can face looking at a computer again!

Karen

Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: